Age Concern Jersey is a Jersey-based charity that supports the elderly in the community and also campaigns on their behalf.
They believe that everyone should have the opportunity to lead a fulfilling later life. They are hopeful that together we can create an Island where everyone can achieve this. They welcome everyone from 55+, whatever their needs, interests or circumstances and act sensitively to all. They believe that growing old should be celebrated and they speak up for most islanders that have reached later life.
- That there should be no ageism. Age should be recognised as a gift, not a burden.
- That older people should be given respect and courtesy.
- That older people should have enough money to live on.
- That older people should be able to enjoy a sense of well-being in a safe and secure environment.
- That older people should have access to full health care.
- That older people should be valued.
- That older people should have a voice in the community.
Age Concern Jersey receives no financial support from the States of Jersey for the administrative operation of the charity and relies totally on the generosity of the local community to support its work. Age Concern Jersey is also not affiliated to any other charity.