Requirements for getting married in Jersey
What requirements are there to getting married?
You need to apply to the Superintendent Registrar (SIR) to give notice to have a civil or religious marriage in Jersey.
You will need to:
- be able to speak and understand English
- be over the age of 18 years
- be free to marry (i.e. not married or in a civil partnership with anyone else)
- not be related to your partner
- be able to indicate that you understand that you are applying to marry/have a civil partnership
- be entering into a marriage or civil partnership willingly
Your application should be completed by yourself, your partner or a third party if you’re using a wedding planner. You need to bring copies of all the required supporting evidence and submit your application a maximum of 12 months before your wedding day.
For more information visit the Government of Jersey website here