Pension Plus Scheme
What is the Jersey Health Assist 65+ Plan?
The scheme provides financial help to meet the costs of dental, optical and chiropody services for the over 65s. The scheme is paid for by the Government of Jersey and run by Customer and Local Services and a company called Westfield Health.
Details are on the Customer and Local Services website of :
- the sort of help available
- the amount of financial help available
- what you need to do to make a claim
In order to be eligible applicants must :
- be over 65 years old
- have been resident in Jersey for five years during their life
- not have assets which are worth more than £20,000 for a single person and £30,000 for a couple, not including their main residence.
- their income must be below the tax threshold i.e. they do not pay any income tax
If applicants meet the above conditions they may qualify for this scheme.
How to apply
The online application is available here.