Joint purchasing

11.5.0.L12 Updated on:

Freehold property

Only those with Entitled or Licenced status can buy freehold property.  If a couple wishes to buy when only one partner has Entitled or Licenced status, their mortgage can be joint but the property must be in the Entitled or Licenced partner’s sole name.  The other partner can live in the property as long as at least one Entitled or Licenced person also lives in the property.

Share Transfer property

Any person can buy shares relating to the property. At least one person occupying the property must have Entitled or Licenced status.  A Registered or Entitled for Work only status person can occupy as long as there is at least one person with Entitled or Licenced status.

For more information:

Population Office

Customer and Local Services
PO Box 55
Philip Le Feuvre House
La Motte Street
St Helier

Tel: +44 1534 444444

Opening hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm