Premature baby support
Friend of the Special Care Baby Unit
Friends of SCBU was formed by a group of parents whose babies spent their first precious days and months in the dedicated care of the neo-natal unit where SCBU’s incredible work ultimately saved their children’s lives. In return, the Friends of SCBU team work hard to raise vital funds so that other parents and babies within our small island community can benefit from the essential treatment often needed for premature and sick babies. Their goals are;
– To raise funds for essential specialist equipment.
– To raise funds for other necessities within the unit, such a the parent-child room.
– To raise funds for families who need to travel to the UK with their babies, to help cover the travel, accommodation and living costs.
– To raise awareness of the Special Care Baby Unit.
– To assist families who need support through contact with other families in similar situations.