Research and Campaigns (Social Policy)
Citizens Advice Jersey aims to exercise a responsible influence on the development of social policies and services. The evidence we gain by helping people to resolve individual problems is used to inform policymakers and service providers about the impact of policies and to advocate change.
Research and Campaigns 2020
- Highlight cases where Legal Aid applicants have been awarded a Legal Aid Certificate under the present Legal Aid scheme but would not be eligible under the proposed new scheme.
- Monitor non-employment enquiries received in respect of Discrimination issues for the specific characteristic of disability.
- Highlight Lodgers issues not protected by Residential Tenancy Law & Control of Housing and Work Law.
- Monitor Coronavirus emergency measures as we are of the opinion that they should be extended for a further period.
- Monitor cases where tenants are excluded from obtaining accommodation due to having children which can result in the wider issue of homelessness.
If you are interested in commenting on any of these issues or would like to share your experience with us, we welcome e-mails addressed to the Research and Campaigns Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org