Divorce procedure when there is a Co-Respondent

8.25.12.L4 Updated on:

Service of forms

The Viscount’s Department serve the forms on behalf of the petitioner and they have to go on the information provided on where the person be living or working. As the Viscount’s Department only work normal office hours, this may result in the forms being served at a person’s place of work, especially if their home address is unknown or they move often.

Sometimes the respondent and co-respondent will be contacted by the Viscount’s Department and asked to call in to the Department to get the forms.

The respondent and co-respondent are served with:

These forms must be filled out and returned to the Judicial Greffe.

Filling out forms

It is very important that a co-respondent should say on Form 4Acknowledgment of Service that they want to be heard on costs. Even in undefended cases a Petitioner may ask for their costs.