Insurance problems

13.10.0.b Updated on:


If you are not happy with the way you have been provided a financial service such as banking, insurance, investment, loans, pensions or advice about these areas, you should complain first to the financial services provider who provided the service to you. If the matter is still not resolved, you should complain to the relevant ombudsman.

Complaints can also be made to the Ombudsman about an insurance company or an insurance intermediary, not just about a financial service that has been provided.

Financial Services provided from the UK

If the financial services were provided from the UK and the financial services provider hasn’t answered or resolved your complaint within 8 weeks, contact the Financial Ombudsman Services in the UK.

For how to complain and the contact details see here.