Jersey Royal Court Advisory Service

8.27.10.L13 Updated on:

Jersey Family Court Advisory Service

A service is available in Jersey’s Royal Court to work with children involved in non-criminal matters.

One example of their role is when parents get divorced. When parents are divorcing and can’t agree about arrangements for their children, it is the Advisory Service who will put together the report for the court with suggestions about what should happen in the best interests of the children.

Where parents can’t agree about the care of children, they can apply to the court for an order. The Court will ask the Jersey Family Court Advisory Service ( JFCAS) to prepare a report.

See Family Court Proceedings