2.7.1 Updated on:


Applications for new, amended, adult, children and lost or stolen passports can be made on the Government website.

Amendments are no longer available. A new passport application will be required with new photographs. It can take up to 6 weeks to process.

Check the Customs and Immigration website for more updated information.

The Passport Office offers a fast-track service for an additional fee. Please see here.

Passport Office
Customer and Local Services,
Phillip Le Feuvre House,
La Motte Street,
St Helier,
Jersey, JE4 8PE

Tel: +44 1534 444444

Paying for your passport

You can pay for your passport online here. 

Identity cards

EU National Identity Cards can no longer be used when traveling to the UK as it is no longer an EU member country.

Working abroad

If a local passport applicant is;

(i) Jersey-born and;
(ii) neither parent nor grandparent was born in the UK and;
(iii) has not resided in the UK for five years

The passport will be endorsed with ‘holder is not entitled to benefit from European Community Provisions relating to employment or establishment’ This is known as the Islander Stamp and means that you do not have the automatic right to live or work in Europe. If you have the Islander Stamp and wish to live or work in a European country, you should first get permission from the relevant embassy in the UK.

Alternatively, if you have a link with another European Union country then you may be able to apply for a passport issued by that country. You could then live and work in Europe on that passport. You will need to contact the embassy of that country for advice.

Children on parent’s passports

From 5th October 1998, every child is required to have their own passport.

Children born in Jersey of parent(s) from countries in EEA (other than Britain)

Children born in Jersey to EEA nationals will not have any entitlement to British Citizenship unless at the time of birth, one of the parents* is settled in the Island.  To be deemed settled an EEA national must show that they have been continuously resident in Jersey for a minimum of 5 years.

If neither parent* is settled at the time of the birth then the child will not be a British Citizen and will not be able to hold a British passport. It is possible however to obtain settlement by Naturalisation after the birth and register the child as a British citizen. The current fee for registration as a British Citizen can be seen here.

(*Before July 2006 the term parent only applies to the mother if the parents were unmarried.)


Customer and Local Services
Phillip Le Feuvre House
La Motte Street
St Helier

Tel: +44 1534 444444

Jersey passports

There is no such thing as a ‘Jersey passport’.  Passports issued in Jersey are British passports and have Jersey printed on the cover to show that they were issued in Jersey.

In general, passports are only issued to local residents however, some people prefer to have a Jersey-issued passport rather than one issued in the UK. In practice, the passport office only issues passports to UK residents if they have been born in Jersey. The Passport Office cannot issue a passport if the person is physically abroad at the time of application.

Name change in marriage

A new passport will have to be issued as, since October 2003, the Passport Office is unable to make amendments to existing passports.

If a married woman chooses not to take her husband’s surname after marriage, the passport does not need to be changed.