Privy Council

4.16.0 Updated on:

Privy Council

The Judicial Committee of the Privy Council (JCPC) is the final court of appeal for the Crown dependencies (Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man), for UK overseas territories and military sovereign base areas and for certain Commonwealth countries.

How do I raise an appeal

The Privy Council is the last resort for those whose appeals through the Royal Court, Appeal Court or Review Board have been rejected.

If you wish to appeal to the Privy Council, you will need to ensure that you have been through all other appeal procedures first. If all other appeals have been rejected, you can ask your legal representatives to assist with an approach to the Privy Council, or you can write directly to:

Privy Council Office
Room G/04
1 Horse Guards Road
London, SW1A 2HQ


You should enclosed copies of all appeals and outcomes or your request cannot be considered.